Mastering Music Mastering Life with Tony “Jack the Bear” Mantz
Time & Location
About the event
Mastering Life with Tony “Jack the Bear” Mantz
Owner and founder of Jack the Bear’s Deluxe Mastering. Mastering has taken up the majority of his career since starting work in the music business in 1981. He’s had a stint at recording and mixing, and a concurrent career in radio on Toronto’s CFNY as an announcer, as well as Melbourne’s Triple M, but thankfully found mastering as his calling.
Tony’s been lucky enough to have travelled extensively around the world, meeting and learning from some of the best in the business, and was trained in the art of vinyl mastering by Rick Essig at Frankford Wayne Mastering Labs, NYC. This was the same studio that that produced the likes of Tom Coyne and Herb Powers.
Tony (Jack, to most people) started freelance mastering in 1990. In 1999 shop was set up at Melbourne’s Sing Sing Studios, and after establishing himself as one of the country’s most sought after engineers he made the break in early 2006 to build his dream facility.
An Evening Of Mastering Music, Mastering Life with Tony “Jack the Bear” Mantz.
You’re invited to come & spend 2 hours being in the company of Mastering Engineer and Inspirational Speaker Tony “Jack the Bear” Mantz.
Tony will touch on many topics including:
* how to best set up a new studio business in the current economic climate.
* best way(s) to take a new business to the next level and get momentum working back in your favour.
* share the strategies that have allowed him to not only stay in business in a commercial facility, but thrive in it during a time where others are down sizing or getting out of the business all together.
* the best way to get clients and maintain relationships in an ever-competitive market.
* the myth of "work / life balance”.
* technical approach and workflow practice(s).
* a few funny stories.
* simple ways to better your mindset.
* an open Q&A session.
Date: Friday 25th October 2019
Location: Screen Culture Club - 14 Florence Street Cairns City
Cost: $14.95 includes temporary membership to Screen Culture Club
Licenced Bar and snacks available
- Entry + Membership$14.95$14.950$0